Alternators & Batteries
Your car’s alternator and battery are vital in keeping your car running reliably.
Signs of a failing alternator:
- Dim headlights and internal lights
- Electronics such as power windows or power seats operating slower than usual
- Warning light on dashboard. This might only illuminate when using multiple electrical components
- Weak or dead battery
- Requiring multiple jump starts in a short period of time
- Weird smells and odd noises. There are many belts and internal parts connected to the alternator. If they cannot move properly, it can cause smells and noises
- Car stalls or has difficulty starting
Signs of a failing battery:
- Car starts fine one day but won’t the next
- No electronics work in the car
- Rapid clicking and engine does not turn over
- Car has trouble starting when it is cold out
- You need a jump start often
- Battery is visibly leaking
- Battery is visibly bloated
We can perform a complete check of the battery, starting system, and charging system to pinpoint your vehicle’s problem. This can help you to avoid unnecessary repairs and get you and your vehicle safely back on the road.
Call Bachman’s Auto Repair in Wernersville at 610-678-9020 today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced technicians!